When it comes to updating your kitchen, cabinetry in the easiest way to spruce things up. Whether it’s swapping out the original design for another one, changing the hardware, or just trying a new colour, kitchen cabinets are where the magic happens.
The kitchen is, without a doubt, one of the most commonly used areas in your home. It is the central hub used continuously throughout the day, from breakfast to dinner. So, you’ve got to make sure you actually like it!
But choosing a colour can be daunting. And choosing two? The options are endless! Should you go bold or keep it simple? Go for something trendy or stick to a more traditional and timeless colour combination? As designs move towards contrasting colours that liven up your cooking area, these questions need answering. You’ve got to find something that fits your personality and style, whilst still standing the test of time. No pressure!
Rest assured that no matter the project or requirements, we have the products and solutions to suit your needs. If you have a specific idea that you want to bring to life, we can determine the best course of action to implement it into your kitchen. Not sure which colours to go with? Our professional team of experts can help you decide. Your kitchen and cabinetry will not only look amazing but will be functional and customized to your needs.
Thinking colour combinations for your kitchen cabinets
Modern homes often have a two-colour combination in their kitchen, contrasting the upper cabinets with the lower. Whether you want one, two, three or more colours in your kitchen, our custom cabinetry can combine your preferred aesthetic with quality products that last.
Traditionally, white and grey have been common colours of choice for kitchen cabinetry. In recent years, black has emerged as a contender for a dark moody look that goes well with rich stained wood and polished accessories. But other, brighter colours are stepping on to the scene, making a space sunnier and happier with lively colours and fun designs!
Choosing contrasting colours that fit the aesthetic of your home
There are a lot of ways to design a kitchen. And there are even more colour combinations to choose from! Here are a few of our favourites you’ll actually want to commit to:
1. Steer clear of coastal with rich navy cabinets against stark white to combine a traditional colour scheme with a contemporary feel. Or try cobalt blue for added lightness, vibrancy and newness that is guaranteed to add a spin on an already modern classic.
2. Matte black cabinetry with marble and white hardware are what dreams are made of. The sophistication of a dark colour crafts maximum impact for a contemporary look that will never go out of style.
3. Wood doesn’t have to mean cabin chic. Combining wood cabinetry with sleek lines, matte black and glass-front cabinetry give your kitchen an edge that never dulls.
4. Long gone are the green days of 90’s sage or 60’s avocado. Try olive or moss cabinetry to inject an air of nature with whimsy and nostalgia into your modern kitchen. Pair with a stark or cream white for a pared-down look that defines its own style with uplifting freshness.
5. Bring Paris to your kitchen in more ways than with pastry and baguettes. Contrast lavender and buttercream cabinetry to create a unique, timeless and elegantly French-inspired kitchen fit for Versailles.
Want more than new colours? We do full makeover renovations for kitchens as well!
Still unsure about what colours would best suit your kitchen? Or perhaps you’ve got a kitchen that needs more than just colouring? We do full kitchen makeovers with custom cabinetry that adds values and brilliance to your central hub. Our team are expertly trained in designing the perfect custom cabinetry based on your ideas to ensure you are 100% satisfied. We also manufacture and install all our custom cabinetry ourselves to maintain high quality and a perfect result. No matter your requirements, ideas or any questions you might have, we’re here to help bring your dream kitchen to life.